You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Showing certain curves that have no stroke&fill without selecting it

> Yeah, it's invisible unless you select it.

I feel it worse, the "select for visibility" problem appears harmless compared to other behaviors. APhoto somehow entirely ignores such content, for instance when you choose the menu command "Selection from Layer" ...

1696822821_pathfselectionfromlayer.jpg.b67f10d8babf89f7ca3e2dc0a65c7f09.jpg

... then APhoto does nothing. The oddity becomes more obvious when you choose the command below. Then this '(Curves)' layer just becomes deleted, with no other result. Not even a warning message.

Also the command "Rasterize" simply deletes this layer's content – as if not existing.

Why are those commands not grayed-out for such a layer content, to visualize this way not to work for? Because they were designed to work and their result is a bug here?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

There is a hacky workaround for showing paths in AP without selecting them, but it needs some extra work, but this can be saved as a style.

1. Create a colour e.g. called outline which has to be white and overprinting.

2. Apply this to your path.

Result: As White does not overprint it will be omitted.

Nonsense: You can use "Selection from layer", but the stroke width of the path has to be at least 1px.

If you want a selection from a path, then the path needs a solid fill.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi ashf,
Go to the context toolbar and enable Add New Curve To Selected Curves Object in the Mode section area (the icon looks like two intertwined rings) when creating multiple clipping masks. This will keep all the paths visible for the same vector object (a compound path if you will). If you need/want separate them later with the object selected go to menu Layer > Geometry > Separate Curves.

There's no way to keep independent paths visible all the time unless you give them some width.

9 hours ago, thomaso said:

I feel it worse, the "select for visibility" problem appears harmless compared to other behaviors. APhoto somehow entirely ignores such content, for instance when you choose the menu command "Selection from Layer" ...

Yeah, that's another problem related to curves on AP.

I posted this topic because some people from Photoshop are complaining about that but just I felt so.
I think:
1. need a way to show curves that have no stroke/fill without selecting them. individual multiple curves at once also. 
2. should be able to create a selection from a curve that has no stroke/fill with single command.

Otherwise, "path" functionality of Photoshop/PhotoPlus can not be replaced with curves.