You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am switching over from Illustrator to Affinity designer. Many of my Illustrator files are set up with PMS colors. I would like to be able to identify what those PMS colors are once I open Affinity designer. 

To date when opening Illustrator files in designer, I get a chart showing the CYMK breakdowns. If I choose swatches, I get a choice of PMS colors to choose from. Why can't designer simply show me what the inherent PMS colors in the file already are, rather than asking me to pick a new PMS color? I've watched a lot of designer videos, they all show how to create a PMS color in your doc, but nothing that explains how to find the PMS colors already in it. Can someone explain that? Also, what are the difference between the PMS Color Bridge libraries and the PMS Formula Guide colors?

You can try to create a document's colour palette from the document, but I'm not sure it'll always be accurate, and you won't have the original names for those colours.
You'll have the swatches, but they won't be automatically applied to the objects using them.

(The apps can't read AI files, they read the PDF preview if it's in the AI file).