You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

Is there a way to create a brush with your signature?  I used to have this a long time ago on PS, where I could use it when I opened a PDF file and just "stamp" it with my brush for my signature...

Saves a lot of time printing documents, signing them and scanning them to send out.....easier to just open the PDF and "sign" it digitally...

Thoughts?

Is there a good tutorial for AP doing brushes like this?

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

You could scan your signature open it in Affinity Photo and save it as an asset, then just drag it onto the page when you need it. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I found some videos and figured it out.

I created a square document...white background.

I then used my pen on my Wacom tablet to sign my name so that it fit in the square.

I then saved the document out to a PNG file.

I then went to the brush panel and first created a new category and renamed it Signatures.

I then Selected New Intensity Brush (for B&W ones)....and selected the PNG image I'd made.

I then went into the properties and made it larger (I need to play with this more)...no dynamics, etc.

Anyway, it seems to mostly work, I had to use it to "sign' some PDF documents to send back out to someone, so I just signed the line with it and added a text field for date....

AP handles opening PDFs a lot different than PS does...had to figure how to add a new layer to each page and do the sig and date layers in there...and played with how to export one or all pages back out..I'm still in the dark exactly how that works but finally got it to work.

I've created a full sig this way, but will likely do an Initial brush too for things that just need initialing.

Anyway...doable, not as straight forward as PS, but hey, always fun to learn and figure out new things!!

:)

I also found the most of the time, it 'signs' nice and dark.....but on one set of PDF forms...it looked faded even though I made sure it was black color and full flow, hardness...etc.

Anyway, I"ll keep playing with it, but just FYI how the basics work if anyone interested.

cayenne