You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brakes at startup

• Staff

So I've tried this on my Desktop which has an AMD R9 390 GPU and i5 CPU and I've tested it on my laptop that has a Nvidia RTX 2060 OC and i7 and both perform much better than what I see in your video, however your machine is a higher spec than both my machines... 

I assume your drivers are all up to date? I noticed that you're seeing straight lines with the Paint Brush Tool which suggests some input lag or something. Are you using a tablet and do you have Windows Ink on or off?

If you do have a tablet, try disconnecting it and trying it with your mouse. 

I tried with a tablet and without as you said all the same problem. Most interesting, these slowdowns are always when I open a program, and these slowdowns last 50-60 seconds then it releases and everything works fine. It slows down the movement itself, drawing, creating shapes  if you want I can record more video, I don’t know how to fix it

Drivers set old and new, all the same problem AD, AP also reinstalled nothing changed

• Staff

We know having a lot of ICC profiles, fonts and assets can cause the apps to load slow but that's more related to the time you click the .exe to the time you see the splash screen. Once that has all loaded, everything in theory should be speedy. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, there was no problem until I installed the fonts and yes If remove the fonts, then everything is fine
ICC profile - sRGB
Fonts:
Agrandir, Cirka, Gatwick, Hatton, Migra, Neue Machina, Right Grotesk, Telegraf, Faster One, Inter, Jost, Lato, Montserrat, Oswald, Oxygen, Russo One, Sen, SoyuzGrotesk

2 minutes ago, Antiplanet said:

Fonts: Agrandir, Cirka, Gatwick, Hatton, Migra, Neue Machina, Right Grotesk, Telegraf, Faster One, Inter, Jost, Lato, Montserrat, Oswald, Oxygen, Russo One, Sen, SoyuzGrotesk

Add the fonts back one-by-one (or in small groups) until you find out which one(s) cause the problem

You can then let Serif know so they can see what the problem is (font or app?)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.