You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi. I'm having an odd problem that I've not encountered before. When I process in Develop persona and it moves to Photo persona, I get an increase in exposure value as if I'd set the level in develop deliberately high. I've attached a couple of screen shots to show what I mean. Has anyone else encountered this problem, which is annoying to say the least and has only just started? Does anyone have any idea how to correct the problem? Thanks a lot. Best regards,

Martin.

Photo Persona.png

Develop persona.png

Hi. Thanks for replying. The 0.73 is what I had adjusted to. However, this is now getting really weird. I've just noticed that if I'm in develop persona and move the position of the window, when I release the mouse the image alters in appearance, although I've not actually got as far as doing anything. The two examples I've attached show what I mean. Now I have no idea if the problem lies within the Affinity program or if it's something going on with the hardware. I should add that it only happens when I'm in develop persona. Once I've developed and readjusted everything, it stays exactly the same. I really need to get this sorted because I shoot in RAW (Olympus) and the program runs on Windows 64 pro. If you or anyone can assist I'd be very grateful as this is driving me nuts and slowing up my work. Thanks a lot. Best regards,

Martin

Before window move.png

After window move.png

3 minutes ago, f-stop said:

Now I have no idea if the problem lies within the Affinity program or if it's something going on with the hardware.

Can you upload your second Raw image to the forum so we can check?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, f-stop said:

I've just noticed that if I'm in develop persona and move the position of the window, when I release the mouse the image alters in appearance, although I've not actually got as far as doing anything.

That display management bug in AP on Windows is supposed to be fixed in the current beta which is available to customers.

Hi and thanks for replying. You've asked if I can up-load the second image raw file. I do so, but must point out that the image is the same image for both the previous images - in other words #1 is before I moved the window and #2 is the same image but after I moved the window and before any processing went on.

If, as has been suggested, there is bug then perhaps the only alternative is to download the beta and try that, although past experience with other beta programs (not Affinity) has led me to be very cautious about doing so. If it is a bug, perhaps a patch might be the answer or, I re-download the program again. Oddly, this is something that has only come to light this week and I would have thought that if it were a bug it might have shown up far earlier in this edition. Again, any thoughts would be most welcome.

Kind regards,
Martin.

15 minutes ago, anon2 said:

That display management bug in AP on Windows is supposed to be fixed in the current beta which is available to customers.

P5170328.ORF