You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yeloow dots on printed papers - how to best detect them in Affinity Photo?

Hello,

we all know that we are spied and all papers from our printers contains secret yellow dots code. I detected them in document printed on my printer and scanned on 1200 DPI scanner. I attached pictures. That big one with green surface is best to be viewed on big monitor with high resolution (I have 5K iMac). That dark one scan is detailed view on yellow dot on white paper (1000% zoom).

My question to Affinity Photo pros:

Can you please tell me what is the best way to detect these dots on paper via Affinity Photo? On Mac or iPad.

Thanks.

yellow_dot.jpg

Untitled.tiff

Edited by Lukáš Raynor Majer

12 hours ago, Lukáš Raynor Majer said:

we all know that we are spied and all papers from our printers contains secret yellow dots code

I don't know this. It sounds like conspiracy theory to me. Not scary at all.

This just looks like noise to me. Use a good deNoise processor, starting with the one in Photo.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Well, I live and learn. Doesn't sound all that secret though, or even scary.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

3 hours ago, kaffeeundsalz said:

Yes, this is one of the ways how FBI / NSA identifies leaked documents. But they apply these tracking codes to ALL printers.

biely_papier_2.jpg

Edited by Lukáš Raynor Majer
I added white, not printed, just scanned paper, check metadata for printer model and software I used (and time and date :-) )

10 hours ago, Lukáš Raynor Majer said:

Yes, this is one of the ways how FBI / NSA identifies leaked documents. But they apply these tracking codes to ALL printers.

Even the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) says there is no way to know if so-called "tracking dots" or other forensic markings are created by all printers, or which agencies of which governments or other entities could decode them.

Besides, if they are applied, to track anything requires at least temporary physical access to the printout itself.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7