You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm relatively new to Affinity, but I'm using Designer a lot and my work involves much drawing of curves and adjusting them with the Node Tool. There are various aspects of the Node Tool which seem to me counter-intuitive, and I'm preparing some questions/suggestions to send our for comments.

One advance question, though: if I use the Node Tool to control-drag a node on a curve, it moves the node but its handles remain in place. Does anyone find this useful? I can dream up circumstances where it could be used, but I do wonder whether anyone uses it regularly.

Thanks in advance.

Martin S Taylor

My first annoyance with the Node tool is that when a path is selected, switching to the Node Tool deselects all nodes. Switching tools should not change the selection state. Very often, one's purpose in switching to the Node tool is to be able to drag a whole path by a specific node in order to snap that node to a snapping candidate elsewhere, rather than moving it by the infernal bounding box.

JET

14 hours ago, haakoo said:

This doesn't happen for me

This surprises me, because I see the same behaviour as @JET_Affinity:

Select a path with the Move Tool. Press A to switch to the Node Tool. Then press CTRL+a. Only then all nodes are selected.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil