You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Screen Issues

Hi, i recently downloaded Affinity Designer and was getting on great until today. I have been working on a piece and today an issue as arisen when i move the cursor anywhere in the workspace. the screen goes black and there are 4 columns with white blurry lines in. this happens for a second before going back to the normal screen. i can move the cursor over the layers on the right or the tools on the left and no problem but as soon as i move into the workspace the issue happens. i have tried shutting the programme and restarting etc, but this doesn't fix the problem. while using my laptop outside of the programme, i have had no issues so i am confident it is not the laptop.

any suggestions?

thanks

James

• Staff

Hi James
Thanks for the screenshot. This definitely looks related to the video hardware on your laptop. What display adapter/video card does your laptop use? Are you able to re-install or update the drivers for the display adapter/video card? If that still doesn't work you should be able to switch the Renderer to 'WARP' inside Edit > Preferences > Performance - however this is software rendering so will be slower than hardware, however it shouldn't cause the issue you're seeing.

What other applications do you use on your laptop? The display area of the document uses Direct3D to render, so its likely none of the other applications are using Direct3D and won't see this kind of behaviour.