You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Object selection getting slow after time

I'm working on a small document with just 2 pages and only basic objects like text boxes, lines and rectangles. After a while selecting objects has a delay of about a second. I have no idea what's the cause but I think it started after adding tables to the document. A workaround is to restart publisher so I guess something accumulates in the background.

Hi Gabe,

The document has 2 pages with very few objects/text. I'm using the GPU renderer. I can't investigate CPU and RAM usage right now but I can say that the system was not slowed down by Publisher. The RAM did not overflow and every other action in Publisher or the OS in general were still fast as normal. So just selecting objects was slow.

Turning off Snapping options in complex documents is speeding up everything, but this seems to be not the case here.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 1 year later...

I'm working on an approx. 76-page book and have I have the same thing happen. Most pages have three text boxes and selecting each box incurs about a 1.5-second delay. This only happens after I've been working for an hour or so tweaking the box placements. I have to restart publisher to have it speed up again. CPU utilization shows a total of 97% with Publisher bouncing between Low - very low - high - very high. I had been using 1.9... and updated to 1.10.1 this morning thinking that might take care of it, but it didn't.   It's not a major problem, just gets annoying and time consuming when I'm trying to speed my way through the document.  (Windows 10, I9-10850, 64-gb ram.)