You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Redraw Lock & Region of Interest

A regular occurrence is that I have to wait for Affinity to redraw a complex layer stack every time I zoom in to place something accurately.

It would be great if we could lock the entirely of the document from redrawing and re-evaluating every single filter layer.
In addition to that have the option to punch a hole into that and draw out a region of interest. This way ONLY that region updates and we have less working delays.

You can look at some reference implementations of that in every offline 3D rendering app, 2D / 3D compositing app.
Personally I like how it works in Nuke but if we could just have a couple of rectangles stored in a file to activate when needed, it would save a lot of time in client communications and iterations.