You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pasting between documents doesn't conserve stroke pressure profiles

31 minutes ago, jeffreydevey said:

As the title states, when copying stroked paths with variable pressure profiles and pasting them into a new document, the assigned pressure profiles are not maintained. Should this be filed as a bug, or as a requested feature?

As a bug - if it ain't they will move the post. I would say it is a bug - I would expect the pressure profile to follow suit.

But are you sure? Works for me on Windows - if I understand the scenario correctly. Could you upload a sample?

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

1 hour ago, Jowday said:

As a bug - if it ain't they will move the post. I would say it is a bug - I would expect the pressure profile to follow suit.

But are you sure? Works for me on Windows - if I understand the scenario correctly. Could you upload a sample?

@Jowday I've attached a video here. I'll post this in the bugs thread.

11 hours ago, jeffreydevey said:

@Jowday Update: It appears the problem isn't with the pressure profiles, but with the stroke weights. I compared the setup of the two documents and realized the original was set at 600 dpi, and was pasted into a 300 dpi document. I'm guessing this was the problem.

Mm. That must be the issue @jeffreydevey. Scale with object should take care of similar problems:

image.png.120d58101449ea702b021655c950eee9.png

image.png.a6d9e4de14201c92189b72e2de029c75.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

@Jowday I would have expected "Scale with object" to work as well, but the strokes I copied/pasted were already set to do that. It's also worth noting that changing the dpi of the original document from 600 to 300 scaled the strokes appropriately, so it's odd that pasting between two documents with different resolutions would give a different result.

🤷‍♂️

47 minutes ago, jeffreydevey said:

@Jowday I would have expected "Scale with object" to work as well, but the strokes I copied/pasted were already set to do that. It's also worth noting that changing the dpi of the original document from 600 to 300 scaled the strokes appropriately, so it's odd that pasting between two documents with different resolutions would give a different result.

🤷‍♂️

You probably would have got the correct result if "Scale with object" had been disabled.

When pasting into a document with a physical unit of measure, the pasted object's physical size is maintained. The physical width of the object's stroke should be maintained, too, of course, but if "Scale with object" is enabled then the stroke is wrongly scaled by the destination DPI divided by source DPI.

There are scaling bugs when pasting objects, pasting styles and pasting FX, and this is after more than 5 years of development.