Your document is 100x36 inches at 400dpi - that equates to 40000x14400 pixels (which is 576 megapixels) which is really very large... The limit for PNG is 32767 pixels in any dimension, JPEG should succeed as it limits at 65535 pixels in each dimension (just tried it and mine generates a 28MB JPEG successfully at 100% quality), PDF has a size limit in some viewers but we successfully generate an 11MB PDF in my test...

Are you using the Affinity Designer Beta? If not, give that a try as that's what I was just trying with... :)

Can I also suggest that your document doesn't absolutely need to be 400dpi? As you increase the size of a document, you usually decrease the DPI because your audience is intended to be further away - so there's no need for a high DPI as it's completely wasted. A lot of billboards are printed at less than 15DPI and look great because you don't get close enough to notice... Even at 150DPI I'm willing to bet that people wouldn't be able to see the difference in this case - particularly as a lot of the bitmap elements in your design are at 72DPI or less... Reducing to 150DPI would make the file effectively 81 megapixels instead - some 7 times less data!

Thanks,

Matt

I have a same problem.

First, exporting to psd finished with 0 kb file size, so I tried second time and changed profile from Accurate to Editability — the program is crashed within one minute. And now I even have no time to select the export format — Designer always crashing :(

post-16348-0-94414300-1438678781_thumb.png

Well - first of all this is for a working session and people will be right in front of it. It is not an OOH end use. I have reduced the dpi and have had the same results.  What are the limitations of the application?  Seems to me it should not be making decisions about my file sizes.  I don't even have the opportunity to try a JPEG because the release (non-Beta) crashes instantly.  Seems more like a bug to me.

The beta is always newer than the released version and includes many updates - amongst which there will always be export improvements... As I mentioned above, I had no problems exporting your image at full resolution in the beta, so I'm surprised you had to reduce the DPI? It was only PNG that I mentioned you'd have a problem with - and only then because the maximum dimensions of a PNG were exceeded (and even then it does actually warn you about this rather than crash).

I was only trying to help you create your output efficiently and target the dpi that would make most sense, not suggest that you were doing something wrong so I'm sorry if it came across in any other way. The program is not limited and is not trying to 'make decisions about your file sizes' - it is actually trying to let you do exactly what you told it to do, but clearly there was a bug in the released version with export that was causing issues for your file. One last note on dpi again though - surely if it matters that your audience is close to the piece and the dpi has to be above 72 dpi, then shouldn't the images in the document also be placed above 72dpi as they will look quite pixellated compared to the rest of the document?