You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Users - Take Care Before Purchasing NIK COLLECTION 3!

Hi Guys, 

An Important Heads up for Affinity users looking to purchase NIK Collection 3 - 

I purchased this software form DXO Today thinking that it would be an improvement on version 2 - with a new dashboard and easier access!

This is not the case!  The new dashboard feature only works in Photoshop + The new perspective tool will not work inside affinity (Only as a stand alone tool) 

I cannot find any improvement in any other functionality - It strikes me that DXO have opted to develop this for Photoshop 

I am seriously questioning the cost of the upgrade £49.99

To make things worse DXO are flashing up a sign saying that if you buy the software in the next 30 mins you will get 30 % off - This is rubbish! - They take 30% their offer is completely misleading. 

Caveat Emptor on this one - Let the buyer beware

Simon

43 minutes ago, Simon-50 said:

It strikes me that DXO have opted to develop this for Photoshop 

I'm still using the old/free version of the NIK Collection and have absolutely no intention of purchasing any new version from DXO unless they guarantee that is is completely compatible with Affinity Photo! 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 2 months later...

I agree there is little incentive for Affinity users to upgrade unless you really need the perspective plugin(which must be run as a standalone tool). Most of the new features don't even work properly with DxO's own Photolab software (although they do have a free update that recognizes PersectiveEfex). This is an Adobe only release. Maybe a dot release will fix it later, but whether that needs to be from Affinity or DxO I'm not sure.

As to the price, everyone gets the reduced price to start with, its going to rise to £70 soon(if not already). The tools are great but if you have 2.5 there's nothing much of note in v3 for Affinity users.