You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugin Support in Affinity Designer

I am probably not qualified to frame this question in the best way but hope that others more experienced in vector design generally and Affinity Design specifically might comment on wether it would be useful for Affinity Designer to support plugins such as those offered by Astute Graphics. Or it may be more accurate to say wether it would be useful for Astute Graphics to support plugins for Affinity Designer. I am very new to Designer and not familiar enough with it's features but I get the feeling that at least some of the functionality of these kinds of plugins is already built in or planned for Designer, such as the corner tool for example. I asked Astute Graphics if their plugins might one day work with Affinity Designer. Here is their

response...

Hi James, 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

I’m afraid our plug-ins are only compatible with Adobe Illustrator and we have no plans to develop plug-ins for Affinity Designer. However you are not the first person to ask this question. 

We would be very interested to know your experience with Affinity Designer though and why you think our plug-ins may benefit? 

Best wishes,

Georgie

ag-logo.png

Georgie Hulburd
Operations Manager

Astute Graphics Limited
Penn House, 9-10 Broad Street
Hereford HR4 9AP, ENGLAND
tel. +44 (0) 1432 341073

Intuitive Tools for Digital Artists

www.astutegraphics.com

Follow us on our BlogTwitterFacebook or our RSS news feed

Registered company number 6465495 (England and Wales)

• 1 month later...

Hm, still no need of plug-ins?!  :( An indication … whatever! Also a marketing question for Serif.

Alternatively, in-app purchases could generate enough money in order to program all needed advanced features to grab a bigger piece of leading software market share.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

Asture Graphics plugins were specifically developed for Adobe Illustrator using Adobe Illustrator SDK. Since there's no feature parity between the two apps (neither there's plug-in support in Affinity Designer) it's unlikely that will see Astute Graphics plugins in Designer. There's however improvements planned for both the Pen & Node Tools along with snapping that should cover some of their functionality.