You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, Hi, Moin!

I described my issues regarding the PDF format but they may apply to all other formats and also Images. (In example like improved the linking function etc.)

I encountered following bugs:

1. Pdf Bugs
    1. Fonts which are used and embedded in the PDF but not installed on the System are not displayed. No matter if PDF is embedded or linked.
      1. Preflight notices it but a button only links to the font manager wich shows everything is fine (since it only shows font issues in the afpublisher file).
      2. Using the embedded font/font Letters like a PDF reader may be a solution.
    2. Linked PDF cant be edited anymore like in the usual way of double clicking it.
      1. PDFs should be editable if embedded or linked. When a font is not installed and only embedded in the PDF, Replacing the fonts, creating vector paths from the embedded font, or using the embedded font/font letters may be a solution to continue the workflow anyway.

Not a Bug but:

1. Please make it more comfortable to relink ressources in the document. Like if the tree structure of the files and folders remains but with a change to a new location (a new drive). In example Lightroom searches for more missing files in same directory that has been used to relink another file.

Sorry if some of the terms i used regarding Affinity Publisher doesnt make sense ... im not using the Affinity Suite in Englisch but in the latest Version 1.8.3

• Staff

Hi @mvrc_hvnry,

On 6/5/2020 at 8:52 PM, mvrc_hvnry said:

Fonts which are used and embedded in the PDF but not installed on the System are not displayed. No matter if PDF is embedded or linked.

We don't read embedded fonts just yet. When you import a PDF, we "convert" it to layers, shapes and text frames. 

On 6/5/2020 at 8:52 PM, mvrc_hvnry said:

Linked PDF cant be edited anymore like in the usual way of double clicking it.

I'm afraid this is by design. 

59 minutes ago, Gabe said:

just yet

Yeyy ...that suggest its going to be implementet? ... When can we expect it?

59 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I'm afraid this is by design. 

Hmm that wouldnt make sense to me ... i used it quite often and i really enjoyed it. Would be nice to see this feature again!

Hi;

Wow, the exact same trouble here, for my company I use a free bookkeeping/accountancy application (GnuCash), which exports PDF's, but when imported in Publisher it makes a lot of text unreadable gibberish... Of course it can be opened in OSX Preview and than be exported/saved as JPG/PNG/TIF but that's an extra step in the process. I'll have a look at the used fonts in the application, maybe it'll work out after all...

Gibberish.png