You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, after installing Mojave to the MacBook Air there is no Update from 1.8.1 to .3. Before the mac update was done it was to see that there was the update. In the mac shop I can open the old one. The same with Desighner. Publisher was updated before. What ist to do, please? Best, lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @larsh,

My absolute sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. The version of Mac OS does not affect our latest releases, and you should be able to access either version on your Mac.

Can you please confirm for me, where did you purchase the Affinity apps from? The Mac App Store, or the Affinity Store?

I ask as this changes the update method and I'd like to be sure I'm providing the correct instructions :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan, hope to remender what I did. My programms and the mac was MacBook Air (13", Mitte 2013) OSX 10.14.6.

APhoto and ADes. came frome Apple shop, why ever, APu from Af-shop. If possibel i would like only to use Af--shop.

As I told there was no icon to update in Apple-shop, only to open. And the same it was in the System setting. But looking around there I found the way. 

May be Apple shop was opened as I show below. That´s what I saw. After clicking somewhere it was possible to update. But there are no updates now. Regards, lars

1849554100_Bildschirmfoto2020-06-24um15_18_27.png.ddd20224be19efff779ad1227c838fd1.png

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

@larsh click open from the update menu in your display above.  This happened to me in 1.8.3 update.  When I clicked open, if then ask me if I wanted to update, click yes.  I think several other forum members had the same problem.  Good luck.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Affinity is the only Desktop software I had problems updating.😪 in the MAS.  Glad you got it updated, enjoy.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• Staff

Many thanks for letting me know larsh, I'm glad to hear you've been able to update these 2 apps.

19 hours ago, larsh said:

APhoto and ADes. came frome Apple shop, why ever, APu from Af-shop. If possibel i would like only to use Af--shop.

Unfortunately we cannot transfer licenses/purchases from the Mac App Store to the Affinity Store, my apologies.

For the latest version of Publisher, please see the below link -

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1/

This can be downloaded and installed, replacing your current version.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!