You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager UI :: columns order, width and cropped text

1. The Resource Manager seems to always open with its items ordered by name. I may switch to get them ordered by page and close the window. When I reopen my order selection was remembered and is ticked accordingly – but the items now show again alphabetically order.

2. For long file names the name column is too narrow. I may drag to widen the manager window but don't get the name column but the Placed DPI column widend instead. If I move the name column to the most right position it works to get it widend as expected. Unfortunately this is not remembered when the app gets closed.

3. When I don't move the name column but widen it at its initially most left position then the other columns don't get narrowed but the Placed DPI column moves outside and when moved back some of its content is lost (cropped). I need to relaunch the app to make it entirely appear again.

4. The manager window's detail section on the right has its labels placed with a large left margin that forces longer entries to get cropped, e.g. the sizes or, sure more disturbing, longer profile names, which can't get unambiguously identified unless you see their suffix.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Yes, I always use Separate Mode.
(I thought it would be obvious by my signature: macbook + 24" screen. – No?)

With a laptop + an additional monitor, only Separate Mode seems to allow to make most use of both screens with the panel arrangement. My 2nd screen is placed above the internal,  therefore I also move the Toolbars from top to bottom of the upper screen, to make it placed between both screens.

I don't use Separate Mode to achieve separated document windows. Actually I would prefer them not being separated in Separate Mode. Since every document window opens on the internal, lower screen (hidden behind panels) it requires for any opened document to use the "Merge Windows" command (or manually move the windows) to get access to this window at all.

I'd appreciate if Separated Mode would have an option to exclude document windows and therefore would force all new opened documents to appear as tabs in the already existing window.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1