You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mirror-inverted text inside mirrored text frame/shape

Hello!

I have a curve (a speech bubble), that I want to use in its horizontally mirrored version. When I first mirror the shape, then convert it into a text frame, the text inside is also mirrored (i.e. unreadable). I tried to reverse the curve, but that did not help and couldn’t find a solution so far. Can anybody help me with the problem?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 12.11.59.png

17 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi MarkusB,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Before converting the flipped speech bubble to a text frame, draw a rectangle covering the whole speech bubble, intersect the two, then convert the resulting speech bubble to a text frame. The text should appear correctly.

Thanks a lot, MEB! Indeed, your suggestion does the trick (but is not quite intuitive). Great!

On 6/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, MEB said:

Hi MarkusB,
This is something we are aware and was reported previously. What i suggested was just a workaround so you can continue working on your project until we fix/improve this.
I should have been more clear, sorry.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I searched the forum for a previous report on that but without success. Again, thanks a lot for the quick reply and solution!