You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy/paste from other apps into an open document

On the iPad I can copy from Safari for instance, and open it from the clipboard, but what I miss is the ability to paste it directly into the open document I’m working on. As it is now, I have to open it from the clipboard, then copy it from there, back to the document and paste it. In Procreate, you can paste it directly into any open document.  Another solution is to save it to the Photos app and place an image from there - and then having to remember to throw away the image from the Photos app, since I don’t want it littered with all kinds of images. 
An example on why it would be handy is if I work on an illustration and need to trace the silhouette of a building or add a map. To be able to copy a photo of it from any other source and straight into the open document would be handy and time saving, especially when you work against a daily deadline as I do. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, BarKeegan said:

I’m pretty sure you can copy from Procreate to an open Designer doc (unless I’m misunderstanding). I do it all the time

I will try that out, but it doesn’t help me when I want to copy something I find using Safari. Well, I could paste it into Procreate and from there to Designer then, but...

2 minutes ago, Wilfred Hildonen said:

I will try that out, but it doesn’t help me when I want to copy something I find using Safari. Well, I could paste it into Procreate and from there to Designer then, but...

It seems to work copying an image from a Google/ Safari search too. After copying, I’ll usually just hold down with one finger in an open doc until a prompt to Paste appears

2 minutes ago, BarKeegan said:

It seems to work copying an image from a Google/ Safari search too. After copying, I’ll usually just hold down with one finger in an open doc until a prompt to Paste appears

Aha! Thanks a lot! That was a well hidden future, I have to say! But it worked. I have used the menus which doesn’t work.