You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opened document tab is not focused

As an Affinity Photo user I would like to see the image I'm opening with contextual link when the program starts.

Steps to reproduce

• In the preferences enable "Reopen document(s) on startup"
  • Open few documents
  • Quit the program without closing/saving the documents
  • In Finder locate another document/photo
  • Open it in Affinity Photo using the contextual menu
  • I would expect this document will get focus, but almost everytime some of the "reopened" documents are focused. It happens much more regularly if I try to open multiple documents at once.

Its not a big issue, but it is sometimes confusing.

• Staff

Hi Petr Illek,
Currently the app display the images in the order they are loaded. If it's reopening previous opened documents along with the one you opened/selected via Finder the image displayed will be the one it is able to load first. It's not necessarily a bug since it's doing what was designed to do currently but this could certainly be improved. It also doesn't take in consideration any patterns/numbering when opening multiple files in the file names.

Thank you both for answers.
I see the logic behind open "whichever loads faster first", the percieved speed of the application would be much better.

But the UX of that approach is not.

One more usecase to the previous one.

• I've opened a lots of smaller images
  • I create one bigger composition, using these images, on which I'm working for long time.
  • I quit the app while the composition is in focus (e.g. I need to restart because of updates etc.)
  • I open the app again
  • I would expect the last focused document (my mine work) will show, but instead I will get one of the smaller source image.

I agree it is not a bug, it is not a big deal, but it is a little annoyance. ;)

Thanks a lot for consideration with your team.