You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Unable to Create a Large Document.(3000 Pages)

Hi, Currently I'm using the Trial version of Publisher. I was creating a Discount voucher document with different voucher numbers of size 15x26 cms approx., without facing pages. I needed 3000 plus vouchers but when I entered the required pages in Add pages option of Publisher then it is only creating 1001 Pages. I tried performance panel of Publisher as well and allotted 12 gb of RAM and then Publisher created total of 2001 pages but doing so it froze the computer for almost 15 minutes and after that I closed it via Task Manager. Now I checked that the RAM allotted is 16 GB in Publisher performance Panel but it is only creating 1001 pages in total even when I entered a total of 3000 pages. I'm unable to understand the issue. Please help.

My computer Config is Win 10, 16 gb Ram, 2gb Graphics Card. 

7Si6CCy.jpg

As a workaround, why not create multiple documents by using chapters, so 10 chapters (documents), with each chapter having 300 pages.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

57 minutes ago, ashf said:

It's the same on my side. 
But you can add more pages by repeating "Add Pages" action.

Yes, I figured that out. When it automatically made 1000 additional pages instead of 2999. I tried adding 10 pages and it created the pages. then I tried the interval of 500 pages to reach 3000. But it took me near about 1 hour as the process of adding pages froze the Publisher completely.

Mine become little slow when I created 3000 pages but doesn't take an hour.
it used up 7.5GB(just Publisher alone not system total)
You may not have enough physical RAM.
Have you checked free space of RAM on the Task Manager?

9 minutes ago, ashf said:

Mine become little slow when I created 3000 pages but doesn't take an hour.
it used up 7.5GB(just Publisher alone not system total)
You may not have enough physical RAM.
Have you checked free space of RAM on the Task Manager?

my computer have 16GB RAM but still I faced this issue. I checked the RAM usage and Publisher was using around 10-12 GB RAM.

One think I noticed is that when you add each 1000 pages, CPU usage become high for a while(but no so long)
So don't control Publisher while that.
After CPU usage back to low, Publisher works as usual(mostly, but little slower than usual)

I know this is going to be one of those posts that won’t help anyone in this thread, but let me add that creating a 3000 pages document is absolutely no issue in the Mac version. It took me one second to create such a document on a vintage MacBook Pro, late 2011, 16GB. So I guess there’s just a bug in the Windows version, and this thread should maybe moved to the bugs section of the forum. I don’t know. Hopefully an admin will see this. 😀

3000.png.dc2f139137e6ce29017a02cd24e910bb.png

29 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

I know this is going to be one of those posts that won’t help anyone in this thread, but let me add that creating a 3000 pages document is absolutely no issue in the Mac version. It took me one second to create such a document on a vintage MacBook Pro, late 2011, 16GB. So I guess there’s just a bug in the Windows version, and this thread should maybe moved to the bugs section of the forum. I don’t know. Hopefully an admin will see this. 😀

3000.png.dc2f139137e6ce29017a02cd24e910bb.png

I tried making a new document with blank pages. And I tried to add 3000 pages but it is only creating 1001 pages. So I think I should report it as a bug in windows.

Windows 10 Pro

• Creating a document with 3000 pages stalled Publisher - it did not respond for some time. I closed it.
  • Adding to existing publication didn't. Publisher only adds 1000 pages at a time though (whatever number I enter above 1000), so I had to add pages three times to reach 3000. Performance wasn't great, not terrible - screen update was affected - memory usage 4GB.
  • "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

19 hours ago, Lagarto said:

I just created a Publisher document on Mojave (16GB RAM) placing a plain text file that created with autoflow 2,991 pages, and I am sorry to say that it was not poor, it was horrible.

Yes, unfortunately, I can confirm that. Auto text flow with large amounts of text is excruciatingly slow. Next week, I’ll be able to check it with new hardware, and I am curious whether it will make a difference.

7 hours ago, Jowday said:

Publisher only adds 1000 pages at a time though (whatever number I enter above 1000)

Same here. The maximum number for adding pages seems to be 1000.