You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Two things I miss the most, coming from Photoshop

There are two functions, I use all the time in Photoshop and I can't find a way to replicate them in AD.

1) CTRL-Backspace and ALT-Backspace to fill a layer with either the foreground- or background-color.

2) Make a selection with the Marquee tool, then CTRL-T to transform this selection. Also perspectively by holding CTRL.

For the first one I have no idea how to do this in AD.
For the second I tried to assign CTRL-T as a shortcut to the Perspective tool. But it does not let me use a modifier in this shortcut, always uses just "T" which clashes with the text tool. Also it does not work with a Marquee-selection, only with the whole image.

Any ideas how to achieve both of them as near as possible to PS?

"1) CTRL-Backspace and ALT-Backspace to fill a layer with either the foreground- or background-color."
Probably the first thing i changed.

You have to assign the shortcut keys:
Edit > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Photo / Edit:
- Fill with Primary Colour
- Fill with Secondary Colour

If im not mistaken Alt+Backspace is already taken by Inpaint so you have to solve the conflict.

"2) Make a selection with the Marquee tool, then CTRL-T to transform this selection."
A. Photo works in a diferent way.

A) Make a selection
B) Enter in quick mask mode (press Q)
C) Select move tool (press V)
D) Transform selection

"Also perspectively by holding CTRL."
Sorry. That i dont know.

Hope it helps.
Have a nice day.

10 hours ago, Lisbon said:

"1) CTRL-Backspace and ALT-Backspace to fill a layer with either the foreground- or background-color."
Probably the first thing i changed.

You have to assign the shortcut keys:
Edit > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Photo / Edit:
- Fill with Primary Colour
- Fill with Secondary Colour

If im not mistaken Alt+Backspace is already taken by Inpaint so you have to solve the conflict.

Thanks, that works perfectly, even still a little different than PS. There I can use it to fill the background of an empty document. In AP, I have to create a blank layer first, but close enough.