You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PATTERN BRUSHES IMPORT FROM AI : IS THIS POSSIBLE

Hallo affinity team,

I still have a question about the  Brushes:
so far I have been working in Illustrator, and use the program for design drawings of bags and textiles. It is very helpful that with per brush I was able to create different zipper variants and chains as brushes, which are then available as vectorbrush.
Hence my question: how can I import them into Affinity design or create them there?
I send you a screenshot of the panel I usually use to create them there.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 15.13.58.png

Hi and welcome to the Affinity forums!

AD (currently) does not do true vector brushes other than basic solid which is only slightly more sophisticated than a standard stroke.

The other "vector" brushes contain a raster image that gets stretched or repeated along a vector path.

By the way, this feedback forum isn't the best place for posting questions about app functionality - hence the 23 hours until a response. Such questions are best posted in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/5-affinity-on-desktop-questions-mac-and-windows/

11 hours ago, mwuttke said:

thank you very much for your kind answer.

is their a chance that vector brushes will be added. we have an archive of 300 different brushes...that we need for technical designs 

THANK you.

martin

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.