You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ALIGN - Is it possible to align two objects with one staying in place?

Hi,

I just purchased your complete Affinity series and am really happy with it so far. Although I just started working with it yesterday ;-)

But I already encountered some small problems I can't solve myself.

My most important question so far is about the alignment function. As a previous Adobe user I am used to be able to align two objects while one is staying in place.

Using Affinity Designer I can't find a way to do that. Whenever I want to align two or more objects they all move and meet up in "the middle".

With Adobe I was able to select multiple objects, then release the [Shift]-Key and klick on one of the selected objects. That object would then stay in it's place while all the other selected objects would align with it after clicking one of the [align]-buttons.

Is there a way to do the same thing in Affinity Designer?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Michael

• Staff

Hi MaiglSens,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Currently In Affinity you can only align in relation to the first or last object selected so make sure the reference object is the first or the last object you select, pick the type of alignment you want from the Alignment popup in the main toolbar (the Align to dropdown should become available at this point) then change the Align to dropdown to the first or last object depending on what you decided when you were selecting them (currently we have an  issue logged related to the type of alignment and Align to order - it's possible you can select the Align to dropdown first if you are on Windows if i remember correctly but will have to check out).