You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I just tried exporting a 3D Lut to the .cube format and load it into the Color Finale v1.0.18 (91) plugin in Final Cut Pro X.
When I do I get the error "Malformed DOMAIN_MIN tag Line:8"

I could not find any information about the Export 3D LUT feature in when searching forums or searching the in app help.

Does anyone have any further information on how this works?

Thank you in advance for any help!

I've downloaded the Color Finale trial and it's accepting 3D LUTS i've created with Affinity Photo. Which adjustment layers did you use? 

I've tried adding a curves layer and a levels adjustment layer.

And when I do export, I see the preview cat being adjusted in accordance to this.

However when I start FCP X, apply a Color Finale (also running a trial, to evaluate it) effect to a clip.

From the LUT utility menu I select Cube Manager and the Launch button to open the LUT Manager.

Here I add the file, which works fine, but when I click on it to see the preview then I get the error "Malformed DOMAIN_MIN tag Line:8"

I must then be doing something wrong..

I can't find any way of attaching a file in this forum, not sure if there is, then I could include the generated file.

In case you need it, here is an online set of utilities to plot and convert LUTs from one format to another:

http://www.vision-color.com/lutconverter/

kirk

Thank you Kirk!

I'm trying it out right now and converting it to a Color Finale .... 

And the verdict... It worked!

Strange, here I thought that the .cube format was a standard file format....  

In the list I see about 17 different types of .cube formats... what is the matter, why can't people create one standard for such a simple thing..

Anyway, thank you both for your prompt replies and help!

• Staff

I can't find any way of attaching a file in this forum, not sure if there is, then I could include the generated file.

Hi Roberto,

Click on More Reply Options on the lower right corner of the Reply to this topic input field.

Then scroll down to the bottom on the new page. There's a section there to attach files.

@Leigh : Hi! I've now attached two files. One zip file contains the exported LUT file from Affinity Photo and the converted LUT file. The other zip contains the original photo with the adjustment layers that I used to create the LUT (just something I did quickly to test it).

Let me know if this is helpful!

Best regards,

Roberto

High contrast sepia look test.zip

Romeo LUT test image.afphoto.zip

• 2 weeks later...