You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One Pixel keeps getting added to exports

Please check your Preferences. On, I think, the Tools tab you'll find settings for the number of decimal places that Affinity displays for various unit measurements. Make sure you've specified at least 3 for px measurements, then look at the Transform panel again. Make sure that all 4 values for X, Y, W, and H are integers.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, soapman said:

hum.. ok i will take a look thanks.

any suggestions or is this the wrong menu?

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 9.51.15 AM.png

That's the right menu. See what the Transform panel shows after you increase the value for Pixels to 3 (or even more, to be safer).

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

27 minutes ago, soapman said:

hello, So made the changes and i its still adding 1 pixel. So nothing seems to have changed. Kinda stumped.

So that we can try to help you, please show us that page of your Preferences, and then select the item you want to export with the Move Tool, and show us the Transform panel

-- Walt
PC:

Hello,  So i changed it to 5 and when i closed and opened affinity it made the changes of getting rid of the 1 pixel. I then went back and changed it to 1 to see if that would make it go back. Closed and re opened and its still no longer adding 1 pixel. So why is this? why does it not go back to adding one pixel? If that really was the fix by upping it to 5, when shouldn't putting it back to 1 un-correct the issue?

1 minute ago, soapman said:

If that really was the fix by upping it to 5, when shouldn't putting it back to 1 un-correct the issue?

Increasing the number of decimal places that are displayed would not fix anything. It would, however, allow you to see why the problem was happening. You would still have needed to fix the problem by moving or resizing the object so it had integer pixel coordinates and an integer pixel size.

If you didn't fix it that way, then the problem should have continued to occur.

-- Walt
PC:

Hey walt, is there any way i can just remove decimals completely from the program until i need to turn them on again? I have tried all the settings when asking on other posts from the dev team and i still have to deal with them.

2 minutes ago, soapman said:

Hey walt, is there any way i can just remove decimals completely from the program until i need to turn them on again? I have tried all the settings when asking on other posts from the dev team and i still have to deal with them.

All you can do is enable Snapping from the very beginning, along with Force Pixel Alignment. Then make sure that if you use Alt or Opt when dragging something that you release it before you drop the object, or check it in the Transform Panel when you're done.

-- Walt
PC:

hello, ok i have all that off and snapping on. When working on display ad sets/landing pages etc.. creating new artboards often is very normal but having to go back to each artboard and delete the decimal point is a bit absurd and is something is shouldn't have to do before export. I usually just click the artboard name and drag, is that incorrect? am i doing something wrong? Sorry i know this is a little off topic.

48 minutes ago, soapman said:

ok i have all that off and snapping on

I'm not sure what you mean by having "all that off." You must also have Force Pixel Alignment on.

Also, how do you create your Artboards? With Snapping and Force Pixel Alignment on any Artboard you draw using the Artboard Tool should be properly sized and positioned without further action on your part.

-- Walt
PC:

Hello, so i must be getting conflicting information from the past on other posts about this issue. What im trying to do is make it so i never see a xxx.XXX ever again in the transform menu. i will never need to use a .XXX for anything ever.

i currently have forced pixel alignment ON, move by whole pixels OFF, snapping ON. Also i have gone into preferences and changed the pixel value to 5 (the menu above). Is what i have correct or incorrect to never see a decimal in transform?

I appreciate your patience, i am clearly not the most tech advanced person out there.

12 hours ago, soapman said:

i currently have forced pixel alignment ON, move by whole pixels OFF, snapping ON. Also i have gone into preferences and changed the pixel value to 5 (the menu above). Is what i have correct or incorrect to never see a decimal in transform?

The only way you will never have decimals in the Transform panel is to make sure you keep all objects on integer pixel coordinates and integer sizes.

Those settings should do it for you, if they are in effect when you start a document. However, using the Opt key (Mac) or the Alt key (Windows) while dragging an object will override Snapping. So, in addition, you will need to make sure you never use Opt/Alt while dragging an object.

If you do all that, then I think you should be OK.

-- Walt
PC: