Hey Affinity,

Will AD be able to import Adobe Illustrator vector brush libraries? Would be very handy to be able to tap into the thousands of brushes out there... Keep up the awesome work!

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Yes, that would be great!

However, I wonder if the AI brushes use a proprietary format that would require Serif to pay Adobe a license fee to allow importing into Affinity Designer.  If so, I wonder if that license fee could be offset by selling an AI-brush-import plugin or optional feature as a separate product from Serif.  On the other hand, I can imagine Adobe saying no to the whole idea, as it might reduce the number of Illustrator subscribers.

All that aside -- yes, it would still be great if we could import Illustrator AI-format brushes. I keep seeing these great brush packs on Creative Market, but unfortunately must think, "nope, can't use those unless I pay $240 a year for Illustrator, and also use Illustrator instead of Affinity Designer."

In summary, this is another vote for that feature.