You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes when saving or moving pages

Hi!

I'm totally in love with Affinity Publisher, but I have some problems with crashing...

It often crashes as I drag and drop a Master Page to chance the order of the pages. Since this happened first time it's not possible to save either (as well "save" as "save as"). I saved several times locally and didn't change anything, but now it's not working anymore. Every now and then it crashes too, when I remove the fix point of a graphic.

Sometimes it even crashes if I'm not working on it.

It would be awesome if you could help.

Thank you!

Caro

Mac Book Pro, OS Catalina 10.15.3

@David NicholsonHad the issue before.

First support will probably tell you to open an own thread, and not add a posting to an existing one. So maybe you could do this right away. They send each thread owner a Dropbox link to load files into. They probably do not want to mix up user content.

Second what solved the issue with me: I had master pages in my project. I was advised to delete them all, did so, and the issue was solved. Luckily the master pages had no function at all, it seems.

• Staff
12 hours ago, Blende21 said:

Second what solved the issue with me: I had master pages in my project. I was advised to delete them all, did so, and the issue was solved. Luckily the master pages had no function at all, it seems.

Master pages are not an issue. In your case, somehow you had the same masterpage applied twice to a layer, which was causing the crash. You should have not been able to add the same master page twice. 

@Caro123

We've got our "old friend" pinning issue here. On your page 1, TEEART text frame. Those 2 curves became pinned and are causing the crash. The way to fix it is to select the very top layer with the Move Tool, select "Detached" in the context toolbar, select the "TEEART" text frame (make sure you don't select the curves inside it, otherwise it's gonna crash) and delete it. Click "Finish" when you're done and then just re-create that text frame. Issue logged. 

image.png

It seems Serif should work on the ways users find to crash the program.

IMHO there are too many things the program allows, that end up in crashing a project.I am aware that this is a difficult task in a complex program like the Affinity Suite.