You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vladivostok, Russia / trolleybus and tramway transit diagrams

transitdiagrams

Hey!

I make transit diagrams and maps for fun.

This one shows what is left of both electric systems (2 trolleybus lines and 1 tram line) in Vladivostok, Russia.

It features a small geographical map for orientation, so both networks are only peripheral and none of them goes into the center anymore.

Constructive feedback is appreciated - enjoy it!

Chris

vladi.thumb.png.e3e9616fef4e678086907d759588f7eb.png

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

On 6/4/2020 at 9:50 AM, gewoonm said:

Love the peace and calm these diagrams show. I especially like the mini map.

my feedback would be: I don’t like the arrows and dotted line. The black is to dark for me. Perhaps it’s possible to redistribute elements on the page?

Thank you for your feedback! And happy to hear you like it!

The arrows are merely a second level of information to show which network is which.

I had also a white version but a rich dark gives it another quality. Maybe you would have liked the white version better. Interestingly I get sometimes the opposite feedback when using a brighter black - then people ask for a richer black.

What you do you mean by redistributing elements? I used the space quite efficiently  I thought. What would you change?

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

58 minutes ago, ChrisSmere said:

I used the space quite efficiently  I thought. What would you change?

decreased mini map to the right with smaller outline, “Not an official …” vertically as one line, no arrows and dotted lines needed, better tracking, real apostrophs, better optical centering of the 6, redistributing elements,

(howling at a high level)

12 hours ago, Oval said:

decreased mini map to the right with smaller outline, “Not an official …” vertically as one line, no arrows and dotted lines needed, better tracking, real apostrophs, better optical centering of the 6, redistributing elements,

(howling at a high level)

Thanks for you input! Used some of your remarks.

Here is the new version - it's more compact and better now, I think:

vladi.thumb.png.83080508927c55901fb24d36f23776c6.png

Hi ChrisSmere , it's all personal opinion :D Darker black, brighter black, use bright colors...

What I meant with reposition is to give elements a bit more 'breathing space' (especially the 'big' titles feel like they are very close to other elements)

You could try giving everything an uncomfortable amount of breathing space, and work from there.

BTW, I love seeing your diagrams every time here on the forum. Very nice project.

Lovely - to me this stuff does look professional.

Re:   I make transit diagrams and maps for fun.

I  have always been interested in what motivates people. Please tell us what what motivates you to " make transit diagrams and maps for fun "

Amazing.

Please look at the work of Harry Beck and the London Underground.

Jeremy.

8 hours ago, gewoonm said:

it's all personal opinion :D Darker black, brighter black, use bright colors...

Exactly 😃 I could do it in rainbow colors on white...

What I meant with reposition is to give elements a bit more 'breathing space' (especially the 'big' titles feel like they are very close to other elements)

You could try giving everything an uncomfortable amount of breathing space, and work from there.

Actually I prefer it compact as it is for now. I see your point tho. Maybe for another revision in the future. Thanks for the idea!

BTW, I love seeing your diagrams every time here on the forum. Very nice project.

Happy to hear 😃 I do post too little here. If you go to my Instagram, Twitter or Reddit you may see even more of my stuff - you find me on all three under "transitdiagrams".

Thanks for your kind words and support!

5 hours ago, Jeremy_Waller said:

Lovely - to me this stuff does look professional.

Re:   I make transit diagrams and maps for fun.

I  have always been interested in what motivates people. Please tell us what what motivates you to " make transit diagrams and maps for fun "

Amazing.

Please look at the work of Harry Beck and the London Underground.

Jeremy.

Thank you so much 😃 really glad to here you like my works!

The answer why I do transit maps for fun is surely that I need to relax and in making those diagrams I have found a way to accomplish that. Also I am a fan of public transit so this helps to find always new stuff to work and create something. There was also a feature about me which is more detailed - maybe you are interested in reading it: https://affinityspotlight.com/article/chris-smere-i-always-needed-change-to-get-on-even-if-it-meant-starting-over-again-with-something-completely-different/

I know Beck and his works, of course and it's a bitty what has become of the London Tube map nowadays...

If wanna know more I am always happy to answer your questions!

Chris