You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm experiencing a problem in Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641

When I have 2 image files opened and switch from one to the other, the image goes off center down to the right. When switch back to the first image, the image is pushed a little more down to the right. So now everytime I switch from one image to another I have to recenter (Ctrl+0)

I don't remember having this issue before. I reinstalled the app and still the same behavior. Am I doing something wrong?

Affinity Photo issue.jpg

Edited by Silvio Nunes

• Staff

Hey Silvio Nunes, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

I think this primarily happens if you have a second set of docked panels, as can be seen in your screenshot with the Character Panel.

The app, to my understanding, uses the viewport to center images but takes into account the docked panels. I can't reproduce the issue to the extent seen in your screenshot.

Could you try removing the second column of panels and see if you can reproduce it? 

Thanks Chris B,

I tried, but still behave that way. Even if I close all panels.

1. Create a new document

2. Create a second new document

3. Switch view between the two documents.

4.Document is pushed down right on the workspace. Keep switching between documents, image keeps moving down to right.You can see the Navigator is changing viewing area.

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 running on Win 10 Pro V1909 OSbuild 18363.836 Intel Core i7 4.2Gz RAM 16gb GPU NVidia GeForce GTX1060 6gb

1880136066_AffinityPhotoissue.thumb.jpg.ed2dcda135e0aad77576c47d7f81e8b3.jpg

Edited by Silvio Nunes

Yes, I'm using 2, main monitor: 32" second monitor: 24". But usually APhoto is open on the main monitor. (I may have moved the app to the smaller monitor once)

Actually, the problem just disappeared for now. I don't know exactly what I did, but I closed and reorganized all the panels.

Feels like when you go to the doctor and the pain is gone.

Thanks for now