You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been using Affinity photo for Windows since it came out without problems but today when I go to open any RAW file it is very, very, very dark. Then when I adjust it to appear a normal brightness and develop it, it comes out way too bright! I have never had this problem. I am using the latest release. I have tried to repair the installation but this does not help nor does a reboot. Please help!

I have the same problem today. I didn't change any settings in Affinity Photo, except opening some photos from another camera, a sony, whereas normally I open only Photos from my Nikon cameras. Not only Photos from today are too dark, also photos from last week, which where OK in Affinity, when I opened them last week.

I deinstalled Affinity Photo and installed it again, same effect. But I think Affinity cannot be deinstalled completely, because settings seem to stay in the registry or somewhere else.

What can I do?

I solved it by using the following tip from another post here:

1. Close the app
  2. Hold Ctrl on your keyboard
  3. Launch the app (keeping hold of Ctrl)
  4. You will see a menu appear, click Clear

This will reset the app back to defaults. Note that it will reset your workspace to defaults but might fix this issue.

Afterwards the darkness disappeared ...