You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some hotkeys work only in English.

(B, S, J, ctrl + J and so on) work on any layout.
[ ] - changing size brushes work only in English (checked Russian and English).
As a result, every time you need to change the size of the brush, you need to look at the keyboard layout.

It is especially inconvenient when you work on a tablet.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

7 hours ago, Max N said:

As a result, every time you need to change the size of the brush, you need to look at the keyboard layout.

You can remap the shortcuts if you want in preferences.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

7 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

You can remap the shortcuts if you want in preferences.

I think this should be decided at the program level. The program should work after the first start as expected by the user.
We have AvtoVAZ in Russia, they make cars. So there is such a joke that we are not buying a car, but a constructor (like Lego) from which we can assemble a car ourselves. I think you understand that this is not a joke for the sake of laughter. This is a joke that talks about people's attitude to the quality of these cars. I would not want Affinity to be treated like this. That's why I constantly spend time making screenshots, making videos, writing on the forum about another error, if you need to send files. Everything is done to make the program better.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• 1 month later...

I use a French Canadian keyboard and I have to remap the shortcut keys for changing brush size (and other tools). I use the same [ and ] that are displayed on the physical keys, but they send another ascii code. It takes a few seconds and it's done for good.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.