You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Install NiK 2 plugin in Affinity Photo 1.8

Found the DxO folder under Library>Preferences. Added it, to Plugin Search Folders. Added it to Plugin Support Folders, Authorized Global, ticked Allow Unknown plugins, Restarted. Nothing.

I tried adding the plugins individually. No go.

Will take a breather. :)

Thx.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.38.16 PM.jpg

Are the Nik plugins contained directly within the DxO folder, or within a subfolder. You do need to specify the folder that contains the plugins directly.

Did you restart Affinity Photo after completing the Photoshop Plugins dialogue?

The Nik collection 2 works OK for me in Photo 1.8 on Windows 10.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Are the Nik plugins contained directly within the DxO folder, or within a subfolder

Thank you, John. The Nik plugins themselves are in (Hard drive)/ User>Library>Preferences>DxO, which I specified in the screen cap. However, I discovered another DxO folder in the root Library>Preferences that contains empty folders for all the plugins and a Nik Collection folder containing NikCollection.cfg.

Edited by allfive
missing word

Am I missing a key point here?

My original question was about connecting Nik to Affinity after an installation where the plugin step was not done - IOW, special folder not created.

Watching James' video, am I to understand the ONLY way Affinity can access the Nik plugins is during the initial Nik installation?

Therefore, I need to do a reinstall. Yes??

If so, I assume I should do an uninstall so as not to orphan the reference files and the original plugins folder?

Has anyone done the uninstall? I still have the original 32-bit Google plugins from a decade ago connected to my Aperture install, and don't want to lose them by chance just yet. (Soon I will switch over to another library app but until then….)

Thanks.

Thanks, mikerofoto. Nik support could have outright told me to do an uninstall / reinstall, which they finally got around to saying.

Parenthetically, it's quite easy to add DxO's Nik to CaptureOne without any pre-install steps. I hope the workaround needed for Affinity doesn't kill that connectivity ease my Nik plugins have with CaptureOne.

I'm not casting aspersions on Affinity, which I love, and will gladly go thru the hoops to hook it up with Nik.

:)

People forget or don’t click the “+” button and create a folder for it, maybe its time for to add more than Ps and Lr as only option.

you didn’t really had to uninstall, just re-install leave the software in same folder but plugin in your specific folder.