Sign in to follow this  
IljaDaderko

Affinity crushes when opening .psd template file

Hi,

I am slowly moving from photoshop to Affinity, but came across major issue today. I was trying to open one of the .psd files that has

website template in it and it simply crushed Affinity photo. (see attachment of that file)

I'm not sure to why this happens, as I never had an issue opening .psd files in Affinity before. I can think of only one reason: I am using

custom fonts there and tried opening it on machine that doesn't have them, photoshop usually replaces fonts with something, not sure

if Affinity accounts for this.

Sanya-06-Portfolio.psd

Hi lljaDaderko

I am able to open the PSD file, but do get the missing font prompt, however no crashes

Can I ask what version of the app you are using and what OS you are running it on?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hey Chris, using whatever is up to date in app store, however it runs on El Capitan public beta 3, just thought of it now that it could be a reason. Got so used to everything working. Ehhh, if you guys replicate this please do let me know if any fixes are available :)

This could be an el capitan issue as there is some trouble running the Affinity range on it. The latest customer beta has fixes for El Capitan issues so it may be worth downloading that and seeing if it's any better for you

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Indeed beta allowed me to open it, but everything seems off by quiet a bit, with correct fonts installed on the system elements appear to be shifted within the documents, some slightly, some quiet a lot.