You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artistic filter effects

Before leaving Adobe Creative Suite for Affinity programs (a move I do not regret, especially since upgrading to Mac OS Catalina) I did use a lot of the artistic filters which are not available on my Affinity Photo 1.8.3. I recently received a ‘Get Creative’ email offering lots of specific genre effects, which is OK, but I need general artistic effects like those in Photoshop. Are they available form yourself or a third party.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Freddie360,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. I can confirm that Affinity Photo doesn't currently support these types of Artistic filters, however it's certainly something we do hope to add into a future version!

In the meantime, you may be able to find suggestions & macros in our Resources section of the forums for how to create these types of effects - I'm not aware of any such third parties selling filter effects for Affinity, but there may be other community members that can point you in the right direction :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!