You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flood selection tool: the selection is in the wrong place (shifted)

Hello, there is a problem with the flood selection tool when you select "all layes" as source. I have drawn something and then I actually moved what I have drawn on the canvas (I'm mentioning it because maybe that's why the selection turns out the way it does - however I cannot verify that the selection shows exactly where the lines have previously been located). Anyway, after moving the layer and working on it for a while longer I clicked on the white part of the canvas and it actually does select the white part, only in the WRONG place. The whole selection is shifted as you can see in the screenshot! I haven't moved the selection whatsoever, this is exactly how it's being selected immediately after using the flood tool on the white portion of the image. This is a very strange thing, is there a way to make it behave normally?

EDIT: forgot to mention that my active layer was empty in the spot where I used the flood tool. When I choose a layer that actually has some pixels on it and try to select these pixels with the flood tool (source "current layer"), the tool works as expected.

floodselection.jpg

On 6/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, Vosje said:

does your selection look ok? mine is shifted.

Mine is shifted also.

Easily fixed by rasterising the layer but easily recreated in your document by then just moving the pixel layer again

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

carl123, thank you very much for looking into this and also for finding out that rasterizing a layer fixes this (eventhough temporary), this is of a huge help!

Chris B, good to know it's being looked at, I hope this can be fixed because this really shouldn't be happening. Also, I have found another thread when somebody experienced selection appearing in the wrong place, maybe these issues are related:

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Flood Selection Tool is offset with 'All layers' enabled) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon