You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes when moving a page / MacOS

My publisher crashes when I try to move a page. It is a 4-paged flyer (to which I added a 5th page as a workaround for the crash, which I cut again on export to pdf).

When I grab and move a page up, Publisher crashes without a notice, just closing hard. This can be reproduced. A crash report to Apple is created, I have a copy. Plus I have a screen recording on video, if this helps. The project file can be uploaded. MacOS and Serif Suite are up to date (Catalina 10.15.5, Publisher/Designer/Photo 1.8.3), MacBook Pro 15", 2019, CPU i7, GPU Vega 20, 32GB.

I have read this thread ( https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/116386-publisher-repeatedly-crashes-when-i-try-to-move-a-page/ ) but can't apply a solution to my project, since I do not know how to isolate the problem.

I have the same problem.... Mac Book Pro, OS Catalina 10.15.3

It often crashes as I drag and drop a Master Page to chance the order. Since this happened first time it's not possible to save either. I saved several times locally and didn't change anything, but now it's not working anymore.

Sometimes it even crashes if I'm not working on it. I just sendet you 3 reports too.

It would be awesome if you could help.

Thanks!

• Staff
19 hours ago, Caro123 said:

I have the same problem.... Mac Book Pro, OS Catalina 10.15.3

It often crashes as I drag and drop a Master Page to chance the order. Since this happened first time it's not possible to save either. I saved several times locally and didn't change anything, but now it's not working anymore.

Sometimes it even crashes if I'm not working on it. I just sendet you 3 reports too.

It would be awesome if you could help.

Thanks!

Hi @Caro123,

Can you please create a new post so we can have a look?

Hello Gabe, followed your advise. No more crash, seems it is fixed. Thanks !

In general, I think a crash should be avoided in a future release, since it can lead to a loss of data. I was lucky, had saved before I started my final edit.