You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo stops after cropping jpg files and exporting JPEG

hi im also having problems since an upgrade from Apple onto my Mac. Had similar problems when Mac upgraded to Catalina, the Problem was resolved 3 months later and had no issues, however after an upgrade to Catalina 10.15.5 it now also prevents me to export to apple photos saying an unexpected error has occurred.

I hope Affinity can sort this sooner rather than later.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, Gabe said:

Hi @Stuerzel,

Welcome to the forums. 

So that we are able to investigate bugs thoroughly could you please follow this link and update this post with the followings: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/

@Barry Gibbs Please create a new post following the guidance, as that is a completely different issue. 

Affinity photo seemed to right itself and was able to use however as of 10.15am 09/06/2020 the problem has resurfaced and is saying an error has occurred please try later and unable to edit. not very good is it. I am a 60 year old man who has never had a computer lesson in his life so I do struggle too understand all the gumph that was in the link regarding affinity. Seems Affinity can't keep up with the updates from Apple.

thanks Gabe but now bringing a screen up to give you a picture it seems Affinity has righted itself again. if the problem occurs again I will screen shoot a picture and send it to you. many thanks 

On 1/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, MEB said:

Hi Cecil,
I don't have an internal Beta either yet. I do hope it doesn't take much time but i don't have an eta, sorry. 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, Gabe said:

Hi @Stuerzel,

Welcome to the forums. 

So that we are able to investigate bugs thoroughly could you please follow this link and update this post with the followings: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/

@Barry Gibbs Please create a new post following the guidance, as that is a completely different issue. 

this is what I've been getting ,as I said the other day after your request for further information it had now righted itself, however it has come back.

I am using an iMac operating system 10.15.5. 

After editing in Affinity Photo to put the edited photo back to apple photos I am getting this message and unable to export.

As I said previously I'm not to good with computers so not sure what most of the jargon this comes with the use of PC's actually mean. I enclose a screen shot of what I am experiencing.

Screenshot_2020-06-11_at_12_28_33.png

On 6/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, Gabe said:

When in Affinity Photo, before saving, try to Document > Flatten , and then save back to Apple Photos. See if that works. 

Hi Gabe sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I did try going to document and flatten and it did work however it has now gone back to the message on the screen that I sent to you.

Like tp also add a link was sent to me a couple of months ago offering Affinity Beta and that worked until the upgrade from affinity however with the problems I am experiencing not being able to save my files I have tried to operate via Affinity Beat and that doesn't even open now.