You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a "donation" button?

Hi all.

I use some open source tools and like to do regular small donations to support the development of these programs.

I want to start to make occasional donations to support the Affinity development team too, but I don't see any option that allows me to do that.

I think it would be great to be able to do donations via Credit Card and/or Paypal. Is there any way to do that?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would like to just have the option to 'support the cause'.

Btw, I know there is the Affinity Store too, but buying something (that I don't really need), is not a donation 😃

Sorry for my english.

43 minutes ago, ashf said:

Donation would be nice but Serif is an established company, not a non profit organization.
So I guess it's better to refer their products or swag to promote Affinity instead of donation.

Oh, is not possible for them to receive 'donations' from happy customers because they are an established company?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have almost no knowledge on how all of this work in the UK (if this is where they are based).

If that is the case, maybe an *optional* small fee at every update could be a good way of getting financial support from some customers.

I don't know if that is not possible either 🙄

As far as I know, Serif itself don't want any fundraising or donation.
That's one of reason I said that probably better to go other way.

But I do think current business model isn't so healthy.
They had been releasing new version of their products every 1.5 - 2 years and it was paid upgrade in the past and it was sustainable.
Plus series, predecessor of Affinity series.
Now they haven't charged upgrade fee for more than 5 years. I too concern their business.

But for now, all I can do is to sell their products.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.