You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Limited number of object highlights when drag-selecting: 249

There is an UI glitch when you drag-select with Move tool a larger number of single objects. Thanks to @dibasic who initially posted it in the Questions forum:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/117222-limit-of-249-selected-objects-with-blue-outlines

An unexpected restriction seems to remove and prevent the highlighting of objects from 250 and more objects. This way it can be impossible to know which objects indeed will become selected, since only the rectangle around the entire selection remains visible. – The issue affects APub, too.

See in this sample the number of selected objects in the lower left corner and the suddenly disappearing highlighting for a selection above 249 items:
(while there is no issue to show more than 1000 selected objects with Node Tool with highlighted shapes + nodes/handles)

EDIT: (Switching to) the Fill Tool allows to select more than 250 highlighted objects, with shift + click.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 2 months later...

Is there any movement on this issue? It's very problematic - it prevents me from knowing how many objects I've selected in a given area. Also, if I select a large number of objects, and then want to deselect a single one, I have no way of knowing if I have done so. This is a major flaw in Designer, and makes want to migrate back to Illustrator.

• 6 months later...
On 8/21/2020 at 10:27 AM, MEB said:

The max number of highlighted objects is being limited for performance reasons.

@MEB, are you sure? Note this limitation doesn't exist for the selection via Node Tool, though it definitely is more demanding –> see in the video above at 00:54 sec.

1512593000_UInumberofselectedobjetcs.thumb.jpg.26b6456dd8754c67fd2b8f7eeb963dc9.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1