You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad 12.9 icon sizes too small

Hi Guys,

What became of this topic, please? Since the icon sizes were reduced on 12.9 iPads it's become impossible to select any of them with a finger. Previous version had larger icons and I believe a number of people asked about this when it was changed. Were any options added to let us use larger icons?

I'm still unable to activate anything unless using an apple pencil and the help button on the bottom right is right on the corner curve where the iPad touch screen doesn't respond very well. I'm lucky if I can get the help tooltips to display for more than a second as the area of contact is way too small.

Is there a solution, please?

• Staff

Hey Tony,

This is something that I personally struggle with too.

I believe we went with smaller icons to cater for the smaller iPad's (so we could fit everything on) but it does cause me some trouble too. I have logged this with the developers as it would be nice to be able to choose our own icon sizes IMHO. 

I have given the report another nudge. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2020 at 7:23 AM, Chris B said:

Hey Tony,

This is something that I personally struggle with too.

I believe we went with smaller icons to cater for the smaller iPad's (so we could fit everything on) but it does cause me some trouble too. I have logged this with the developers as it would be nice to be able to choose our own icon sizes IMHO. 

I have given the report another nudge. 

Any news on this Chris, using designer on the 12.9 ipad is almost unusable for me with the current size and darkness of the ui?