You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guide Groups

Just thought it would be useful to have guide groups.  These could be a type of layer or view, so that when you're working on a large file (like the interface for a website) that has multiple views, you only have the guides relevant to the view you're working on open.  Then, you could also hide some guides and show some, without having to hide all guides.

• 2 years later...

+1

I was looking for the exact same thing.

Working on different objects on the same illustration and need to switch between guide sets (one guide set for one object, one for the other), but now I need to delete all guides and have to create them all from scratch again (no guide safe option available) to switch between the two guidesets... 

[edit] If there would be something like a guide-layer that would do the trick; then you can switch a layer on and off if you want to switch guide sets! Lock and even scale the guide set and whatever more!

• 4 years later...
On 8/2/2015 at 9:33 PM, meholstein said:

Just thought it would be useful to have guide groups.  These could be a type of layer or view, so that when you're working on a large file (like the interface for a website) that has multiple views, you only have the guides relevant to the view you're working on open.  Then, you could also hide some guides and show some, without having to hide all guides.

Hi

I came here to request the very same thing. I use guides a lot and they overlap a lot and it can get quite messy. Necessary guides from the right side of a design can completely disrupt the left side of the design when I then have to create and apply guides there.

Being able to make guide groups that can be hidden or removed as groups would really make my life easier.

Thanks