You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panorama

pcam

paravant.jpg.a0de6e31d4f813f5540c2c6c88d49ded.jpgThis is a picture from the Harz Mountains. I grew up there and took some photos last year, probably in anticipation of the Corona crisis. So I can make a stroll in the forest, without going there.

It was part of a project for super resolution photos. For this picture I took 23 photos with a Canon M6, six rows with three photos and some spare photos. Normally about 15 are sufficient.

In this case I used all photos trying different software. Affinity, o.k. but a little slow, Autopano from Kolor (not longer available) same result, but much faster. As far as I know, the same algorithm is used in both programmes. Lightroom, stitching o.k. but it was not possible to see the final result in 1:1. Hugin ... no success.

The resulting picture was about 200 Mpx and a resolution of about 300 dpi. I used the slice function and let it print on a roll printer (cost reason) and framed it in an old paravant. It costed me about 70€ printing and shipping.

With the high resolution one can really see the fox gloves (digitalis) and not some "pixel swamp".

For panoramas with spruces there were no problems with stitching. For panoramas with similar views and beech trees, stitching was usually not successful in the leaf area.

Have a nice weekend 

Norbert

paravant-1.jpg

Harz.jpg