You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all. I recently purchased both Affinity Designer and Photo (The latest versions from the Apple Store, not the betas), and have been loving them. I have used and am familiar with Illustrator, Photoshop, Gimp and Inkscape. I have been trying to master Designer and Photo, and am liking the workflow over even adobe's offerings. I love the innovative personas. I have run into some issues though. In Designer, I went for the Warp tool (Edit>Transform>Warp in Photoshop) and could not find it. I tried the help menu, this forum, and searching for it, but came up blank. Is it labeled under some other name in Affinity? I also attempted to create a brush from a png i created, but Designer compressed the image until it was much flatter, ruining the brush for me. I know that I am probably just missing something in both scenarios, so I appreciate any attempt to educate me. Maybe I need the Betas? I apologize for my incompetence. Thanks very much, and to the devs, keep up the great work!

Computer Specs (If it helps) iMac 5k 2015 4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz) 1TB Fusion Drive

• Staff

Hi InfiniteAffinity,

At the moment there isn't a Mesh Warp tool in Affinity Designer however it is something that is on our roadmap. There is a Mesh Warp tool in Affinity Photo that you should be able to use. In regards to your brush issue can you please add your .png file that you are using to create your brush. This will allow me to try and replicate the issue.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi InfiniteAffinity,

At the moment there isn't a Mesh Warp tool in Affinity Designer however it is something that is on our roadmap. There is a Mesh Warp tool in Affinity Photo that you should be able to use. In regards to your brush issue can you please add your .png file that you are using to create your brush. This will allow me to try and replicate the issue.

C

Thanks for the reply. I have attached the image (png) and the screenshot of what I get (tiff). I am selecting "New Textured Intensity Brush" and "New Textured Image Brush" and neither works. About the Mesh Warp in Affinity Photo, Photo doesn't seem to open my designer files as vectors, not that I would expect it to, but that makes using photo for only this function not plausible. Because it is on the roadmap, does that mean that I should download the beta(s) now? Would they enable this essential feature, or should I wait til later to get warps asap? Thanks.

post-15797-0-34105800-1438632032_thumb.png

Brush Example Rope Affinity.tiff

Computer Specs (If it helps) iMac 5k 2015 4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz) 1TB Fusion Drive