You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possibly try this for now. Under “Preferences” set “Background Grey Level” at approximately 90 to the right or just enough to make the background a very light grey. This will allow you to place an object off of the drawing board area yet still be able to see it and select it.

You will not see color or line widths but you will still be able see the object to select it and bring it back into viewable range.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

Raskolnikov,

I also light the black background when programming as it is not like having high beams in your face all the time but like I mentioned above using the option they gave us to modify or lighten it does help to find misplaced items. You can also use the “command-a” (select all) option too. If there are any misplaced items off screen they will show up as the bounding box for all objects will also be off screen letting you know something is out there. I especially like using a bright green text against a black background too because it is high contrast but not glaring and very visible. Would like to see something like a possible color other that white against the black in AD around the screen or maybe make that a personal option so “to each his own”. Sometimes the white against the black background is hard to read. We’re not all teenagers, right?

Maybe a nice red to match your hair. Mine would have to be grey if I went with hair color.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

• 2 weeks later...

You can see how Apple motion works with "Show full view area" function activated (shift V)

What can I say, Just perfect... :) in my opinion, what AF needs. The thing is, if grey it's the color desired for those elements, what would happened if i choose the same color or tone for the background? :)

I love the idea !! :D

Traditionally known as the Pasteboard, a concept borrowed by a lot of Applications such as Quark, Pagemaker and Freehand 20 odd years ago.

It was meant to mimic the table a Paste-up artist would work at, basically a large, tilting table where you can have many objects/assets, pieces of text, photos etc sitting waiting to be cut and pasted onto the page.

The pasteboard could contain multiple pages - all of different sizes - think business card, flyer, poster (all different sized pages) all on one pasteboard, all in one window. No tabs, no switching between documents. Everything in one document where you need it.

Freehand was the only App to really nail this.

Top of my wish list.

Yes, I can imagine being able to have the photo you are using in your art work right there. Artrage has this ability.

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS