Jowday

[BUG] When closing secondary document the primary switches to first viewpoint

Designer latest retail release (1.8.3.641) - Windows 10 Professional 

Steps to reproduce

• I open a rather large (memory intensive, hundreds of layers, groups with fx and gradients) document A3 sized (primary doc)
  • Note that this document has 6 added viewpoints
  • I zoom deep into a random area and make edits
  • I open a another rather large (memory intensive) document A3 sized (secondary doc)
  • Second document has no viewpoints set
  • I just open it - no edits or zooming - then I close the secondary document again 

Expected

• The primary document is visible exactly where I left it

Observed

• The primary document switches to the first viewpoint in the list at 100% and is now far away from there I left it

I gave up using Designer (even for hobby use) - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for.

Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can it use. Until then... I am a customer, potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion.