You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW import resized in portrait format

Hi,

I'm importing a RAW file exported from photos, taken with a NIKON D5100. The landscape format works perfect. The portrait format is getting resized - but only the foto – the file size stays the same. So if the picture is imported as a 3280x4948 px it stays like that – but the image is cropped/enlargened.

I'm working with Mojave 10.14.6

I couldn't find a solution...

Regards, Steffi

RAW-import-resize-problem.jpg

15 hours ago, Steffi O. said:

Hi,

I'm importing a RAW file exported from photos, taken with a NIKON D5100. The landscape format works perfect. The portrait format is getting resized - but only the foto – the file size stays the same. So if the picture is imported as a 3280x4948 px it stays like that – but the image is cropped/enlargened.

I'm working with Mojave 10.14.6

I couldn't find a solution...

Regards, Steffi

Try this: Turn the lens correction off (if it is on, of course). The lens correction corrects lens distortion, and it may happen that something is "cut off" from the edge. If you turn off lens correction, the result should look exactly like your original RAW file. I don't know if that solves your problem, but I think it's worth a try. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-30 um 17.42.52.png

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

12 hours ago, Steffi O. said:

Thank you so much! it was exactly the problem! :D

I'm glad I could help 😀

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz