You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer and Publisher Lags after 30min +/- usage

Does this happens to anyone else?

After about 30mins of usage for both Designer and Publisher I will have massive lag for both programs.

Doesn't matter how light/ heavy that graphical content/task I'm working on.

So far a reset solve the issue temporary, but it doesn't takes too long before it gets laggy again.

I can leave Affinity Publisher open for days when I'm working on a project. No lags at all.

Maybe share your PC specs and the programs that also run alongside Designer and Publisher so that we can suggest relevant solutions.

Desktop: Affinity Publisher 1.8.5, Windows 10 Professional, version 2004 (19041.450), 16GB memory, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60GHz, RX 570
Laptop: Affinity Publisher 1.8.2, Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.450), 8GB memory, Intel Core i5-4200M @ 2.50GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4600

ryzen 1600 

16gm ram

gtx1070

1T hdd, 250gb nvme, 500gb+250gb ssd

Most of the time I don't open other programs alongside when I'm using Designer or Publisher.

Unless I need to ie Illustrator trace and offset path features. Some photoshops thats about it.

FYI both photoshop and Illustrator doesn't have this weird slow down or lag after a certain period of time of usage, unless working with huge file/asset on my system.

Other program like blender, Clipstudio paint and Hitfilm do not have this issue too.

Thanks

That's unusual. Did you update the apps?

Possible causes:
1) Malware.

Solution: Download Malwarebytes and scan the whole system for malware. Remove any detected malware and restart PC.

2) Hard drive where apps are installed is old

Solution: Reinstall the apps into your SSD

3) Too many background apps

Solution: disable all apps that you don't need under startup tab in Task Manager. Restart PC.

4) Too many installed fonts.

Solution: Download Nexus Font Manager and uninstall all of the fonts that you don't use.

Desktop: Affinity Publisher 1.8.5, Windows 10 Professional, version 2004 (19041.450), 16GB memory, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60GHz, RX 570
Laptop: Affinity Publisher 1.8.2, Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.450), 8GB memory, Intel Core i5-4200M @ 2.50GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4600

Also, if you're running Photoshop at the same time, check your settings on performance.

Adjust memory allocation for Photoshop:
image.png.7a07baf8678921f9319a719127162f10.png

53 minutes ago, Elise Kleve said:

That's unusual. Did you update the apps?

Possible causes:
1) Malware.

Solution: Download Malwarebytes and scan the whole system for malware. Remove any detected malware and restart PC.

2) Hard drive where apps are installed is old

Solution: Reinstall the apps into your SSD

3) Too many background apps

Solution: disable all apps that you don't need under startup tab in Task Manager. Restart PC.

4) Too many installed fonts.

Solution: Download Nexus Font Manager and uninstall all of the fonts that you don't use.

Thanks will try these method, during my down time.

Probably should be no.4. Always see the font cache thingy pops up whenever I copy and paste stuff from AI to Designer. Publisher.

I have the same problem...had same problems on my last rig too. Bought a new desktop last week still getting major slow down and lag in Designer. Running Windows 10, SSD HD, 16gb ram, GeForce RTX. No other apps running using a fresh boot and still general poor performance from Designer especially when using cinitq pro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi All,

if you are experiencing poor performance please could you take a screenshot of the entire performance window in the apps preferences and add it to this thread?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 9 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, Sharp_Brothers said:

I have the same problem...had same problems on my last rig too. Bought a new desktop last week still getting major slow down and lag in Designer. Running Windows 10, SSD HD, 16gb ram, GeForce RTX. No other apps running using a fresh boot and still general poor performance from Designer especially when using cinitq pro.

I noticed significant lags when too many installed fonts are installed.
I uninstalled most of the fonts that I rarely use and it helped.