You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparency DTG printing - Affinity Designer

Hey! 

New to the forums and new to Designing for DTG printing.

I have made a distressed pattern that I want to export to PNG. The problem Im facing (not sure if it's actually a problem) is that what seems to be solid colors get transparency when I export. 

This is probably due to that the distress pattern is rasterised to mask?

What I have read, transparency won't work on DTG printing, so basically I want to have solid colors on the pattern (where it fades) instead of transparency.

Kind of like a flat JPEG if that makes any sense.

This might not even be a problem, just don't want to prepare files that look like crap when printed :)

Also, If someone that has experience with DTG printing could give som advice if the example file attached would be printable and look ok, that would be much appreciated :) 

Distress.afdesign

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hu dUeS and Welcome to the Forums,

I'm not entirely sure where you are seeing transparency on the exported PNG file.  If i export your file to a PNG and then place it on top a shape in Designer thats blue, i don't see any of the blue showing in your design, which would happen if there was a transparent area.

I've not done any DTG printing myself, but from what i can see, this should work okay.  However if you can let me know where you are seeing the transparency i can double check this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 10:51 AM, dUeS said:

Hey! 

New to the forums and new to Designing for DTG printing.

I have made a distressed pattern that I want to export to PNG. The problem Im facing (not sure if it's actually a problem) is that what seems to be solid colors get transparency when I export. 

This is probably due to that the distress pattern is rasterised to mask?

What I have read, transparency won't work on DTG printing, so basically I want to have solid colors on the pattern (where it fades) instead of transparency.

Kind of like a flat JPEG if that makes any sense.

This might not even be a problem, just don't want to prepare files that look like crap when printed :)

Also, If someone that has experience with DTG printing could give som advice if the example file attached would be printable and look ok, that would be much appreciated :)

Distress.afdesign 4.17 MB · 4 downloads

I think DTG printing works best with solid colours, but I don’t think it excludes, gradients, fades etc. Redbubble use DTG for T-shirts, and they have a wiiiide variety of styles and designs uploaded