You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File Association Whack-A-Mole

Hey there...

Ever since installing Designer, I am seeing the file associations between Photo and Designer regularly swapping. I have reset LaunchServices, and set the associations in Get Info... and applied to all (numerous times), but the fact remains, I currently have no idea at any given moment whether a double clicked .afphoto file will launch Photo or Designer (same with .afdesigner files).

Any idea why I am having this issue only with these two apps?

Thanks,

-SiP

I worked on a composite in Photo and saved it to the desktop. Later, when I double-clicked to open it, it did so in Designer.  I closed Designer and then dragged the file to Photo in the dock where it opened as expected. So, being the overly-curious type, I closed Photo and double-clicked the file again and this time (and all subsequent times) it opened in Photo.  Odd behaviour. So, I would also be interested to know why this was.